Multi-timbre instrument - track and channel name oddity

dmitch57

Setting up a basic multi-timbral Kontakt instrument. I'm getting this strange phenomenon in which the names of the tracks don't behave as I expect, particularly when it comes to renaming the associated mixer channel.

You can name individual tracks differently, as expected. (I want to do this, one track per Kontakt instrument, aka timbre).  But the last track's name gets assigned to the (sole, for now) mixer channel's name. And if I rename the mixer channel, that name gets copied to the last track's name.

• In this screen recording, I start with one SW instrument track. It's named "Inst 1".
  • Track > Other > New Track With Next MIDI channel
  • Rename new track "Inst 2". Note that the associated Mixer channel also gets renamed "Inst 2".
  • Rename the Mixer channel "Inst 1". Note that the 2nd Track gets renamed "Inst 1", so both tracks now have the same name.
  • Rename the 1st Track "Some Inst". The Mixer Channel's name doesn't change.

It appears that once there are multiple tracks connected to the same instrument, the name of the last track is tied to the name of the associated Mixer channel. Oddly, when you select the first Instrument track, the Track inspector shows its correct name under the fader; that name does not appear in the Mixer proper. 

While my example does not show this (for simplicity), this gets mighty cumbersome when adding additional Aux channels to mix separate outputs of the Kontakt rack. 

I'm not sure if this is a new/recent phenomenon...I thought that, in the past, the Mixer's channel name was kept tied to the first instrument track, and renaming subsequent tracks had no effect on the anything visible in the mixer. 

MultiTimbre.thumb.gif.3763bcb8636a5641b33233d61ba93b84.gif