Slice at Transient Markers for Grouped Tracks

danisalat

Hi everybody, 

I've never been able to understand how Logic deals Groups or why they behave so weirdly. Surely the worst of any DAW I've tried.

I have recorded some multitrack drum samples and I want to prep them for Trigger/Kontakt/etc. I've tried grouping all the drum tracks, enabling editing with Quantize-Locked Audio and selected the Snare as the "Q" track. Then analyzed all of the snare hits and place the transient marker right at the transient in the File Edit window. 

When I then select all regions and do a Slice at Transient Markers, instead of cutting everything at the snare transients, it analyzes each track and cut every region wherever the transient is, which is of course completely useless. 

Is this expected behaviour? Are the Groups only working in Flex? 

Thanks in advance

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 19.18.31.png

• Like 1

I think it must be a bug, I got this behaviour too and posted. But no luck. Finger's crossed they fix it quick and update Logic as drum editing just became my worst nightmare (again)! Mine wasn't even cutting at transients, it was incorrectly identifying kick transients and who knows what it was doing with the rest!

Edited by Joe Lonsdale

29 minutes ago, Joe Lonsdale said:

I think it must be a bug, I got this behaviour too and posted. But no luck. Finger's crossed they fix it quick and update Logic as drum editing just became my worst nightmare (again)! Mine wasn't even cutting at transients, it was incorrectly identifying kick transients and who knows what it was doing with the rest!

I've noticed the transient marker editing doing weird stuff and behaving differently lately so I've come to that conclusion too, unfortunately.

I just cannot work with a DAW that's this unreliable, I'm pretty fed up with Logic lately.

Thanks for replying Joe! 

• Like 1