Any Other Keyboard Maestro or PlugSearch Users Getting NSAccessibility Crashes?

sunbrother

Not sure if something changed about my workflow but I'm getting NSAccessibility crashes maybe 1 in 10 times I close a plugin GUI by clicking on the traffic lights. It only occurs if I'm using Keyboard Maestro or PlugSearch. I imagine it's a problem extending to most Accessibility apps.

Anyone else experiencing this? Would love to figure out some more commonalities aside from "it crashes the same way with the same log every time."

Closing Keyboard Maestro or PlugSearch stops it but it's a noticeable drain on my productivity.

Logic 10.7.9 Native (happens in Rosetta too) Ventura 13.5.2 (happened in 13.5 too)

The crashes are limited to closing the plugin GUIs by clicking the traffic lights. Using ⌘+W will not trigger the crashes.

I have a test project with no dependencies where I can make it happen very quickly. If you're interested DM me and I'll send you a zip.

Do either of you have PlugSearch? From a short troubleshooting session with that it seems like after using its Control+Left Click window to select and insert a plugin with the arrow and return keys, something gets into a state where Logic will eventually crash after closing an Insert window with the traffic lights.

As for Keyboard Maestro, I'm not sure which of my many macros triggers that state that will allow Logic to crash. PlugSearch only has a few actions so it was easy to find one. I'm currently trying to open Keyboard Maestro for just a few macros at a time during my work so I can narrow it down by looking at the log.

4 minutes ago, sunbrother said:

Do either of you have PlugSearch?

Not here.

4 minutes ago, sunbrother said:

As for Keyboard Maestro, I'm not sure which of my many macros triggers that state that will allow Logic to crash

Ok, so it's only after you run one (or more) or your macros, not just having KM running in the background generally? I've had no similar problems with my macros or running KM, so you may want to have a look at ones that interface with the window handling or similar, perhaps, if you can reproduce this issue with your KM macros, and without PlugSearch running.

I don't use PlugSearch either, so unfortunately cannot attest on that end. Keyboard Maestro (in combination with BTT and CursorSense) makes no issues for me.

I know, this here is not the solution to your problem, but what about only closing windows via shortcuts, in general? Wouldn't that be much faster?

Personally, i really love it and it substantially contributes to my speed in LPX. I have set X to "Close all Plugins" and Shift + X to "Show/Hide All Plugins" (customized shortcut profile).

17 hours ago, olifrost said:

I use both PlugSearch and Keyboard Maestro and had exactly the issue you describe: immediate crash when clicking the traffic light. Haven't encountered it recently though, maybe it was related to a particular macro…

Thank you, it's very good to know someone else is experiencing this! Peter Lewis from KBM looked at the crash and seems to think it's not something any app can control (ie, that code shouldn't be crashing Logic) but it would help for issue reporting and confirming to know with specificity what is causing this state to occur in both apps.

On 10/20/2023 at 3:52 PM, steinweg said:

I don't use PlugSearch either, so unfortunately cannot attest on that end. Keyboard Maestro (in combination with BTT and CursorSense) makes no issues for me.

I know, this here is not the solution to your problem, but what about only closing windows via shortcuts, in general? Wouldn't that be much faster?

Personally, i really love it and it substantially contributes to my speed in LPX. I have set X to "Close all Plugins" and Shift + X to "Show/Hide All Plugins" (customized shortcut profile).

Closing windows with keyboard shortcuts is indeed faster but it's hard to make sure you're aiming at the right one instead of closing the tracks area. It's either a bug in focus return or an undesired feature. Luckily, I didn't realize there was a Close all Plugins command so I'll use that in the mean time. Show/Hide plugins is nice but it can mess with some of my macros to have the plugin windows hidden instead of closed. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, speakerfood said:

I have a couple of reports about this issue, and it's a though one because I'm unable to reproduce it on any of my systems here. The only common demoninator seems to be that they all occur under Monterey. Ventura doesn't seem to give any issues, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I’m on Ventura 13.6.2 and having this issue so I don’t think it’s limited to Monterey 😕

It is an odd issue!

• 4 months later...
On 12/1/2023 at 7:20 AM, kotrl said:

I possibly had this on Ventura too (now on Sonoma), at least it was recent enough that it must've been. But I haven't had the issue in quite a while. Latest version of Plugsearch and Logic now

Did you ever encounter this on Sonoma or only Ventura?

Curious since PlugSearch 4 came out and looks great!