Count in options?

machinesworking

I was wanting to practice a part at bar 1 in Logic that I wasn't that comfortable with and it struck me that Logic doesn't seem to have the count in option to have it give you 1 or 2 bars of metronome without it being in record, the count in option is tied directly to recording only from what I can tell? 

Other DAWs™ have count in options, well at least Reaper and Digital Performer do, you can have it click only during count in, only while recording and always click etc. etc. Is there any way to get Logic to count in 1 or 2 bars of Klopgeist without engaging the record button? 

Hi machines,

10 hours ago, machinesworking said:

Logic doesn't seem to have the count in option to have it give you 1 or 2 bars of metronome without it being in record

If you would like to have those bars anywhere after position 1 1 1 1, you could create a track for the Click/Klopfgeist channel strip and place a region with the necessary MIDI notes to get the click going on Playback mode:

Screenshot2023-10-25at11_40_36.thumb.png.f63b2e5be9b49c53ea825f5712a1a0e8.png

If you want the count-in to happen before position 1 1 1 1, there are other ways to achieve that (I can elaborate if you're interested), but please avoid moving your Project Start marker to negative bars as this is well known to cause all sorts of issues in Logic.

J.

This might work (can’t try it out at the moment): make sure that just a MIDI track is rec enabled and that track doesn’t receive any MIDI. Then Record should be just like Playback.(works for Audio only of course because of missing separate Input Monitoring button for MIDI tracks)

Edited by polanoid