Touch/latch makes it go crazy....works great otherwise.

oranj7
Go to solution Solved by JakobP,

I've got my FCB1010 MIDI foot controller's 2 expression pedals controlling Valhalla Vintage Verb's decay, and Baby Audio's Comeback Kid's feedback, as well as two pedals controlling the bypasses for each plugin. Works great when I play along with drummer.

When I try to record the audio with Latch or Touch turned on to get the midi data from the FCB1010 while I play, all holy hell breaks loose. While recording, when I turn a bypass on, it turns off a few beats later. Then a bit more random on/off, then settles into on, after about 30 seconds-ish. Particularly the Comeback Kid. Such strange behavior....I've tried everything - deleting the plugins, deleting the track, deleting the automation - MIDI Monitor shows nothing/no problems.

Again, plays great when not recording the MIDI, only that triggers madness.

Any suggestions? Thanks

I'm using Cmd-L....

I touch a plugin's control, press Cmd-L, move FCB footpedal, press Cmd-L again to prevent any weirdness.

Rinse and repeat. Please see screenshot as example. As you can see, barely anything going on.

ScreenShot2023-11-01at7_21_11AM.thumb.png.b653ffccea4890e52692da8126ff5fca.png

Essentially, when the problem gets going, whatever I do (either press a pedal to bypass on/off, or an move expression pedal), the signal flips shortly after (I bypass the delay, it turns on again a second later....or I depress the expression pedal to make the feedback stop, and it comes back to full a second later.

Earlier I had mentioned this only happened when in Touch or Latch mode, but it was happening this AM in Read mode too, so I deleted all Automation on the track, and that fixed it. So it's definitely Touch/Latch that instigates the odd behavior.

I tried restarting the FCB1010, replugged in everything, same issues.

Is there something going on between the FCB and the Value area of the Controller Assignments window? In particular, the Format and/or Mode? The MIDI Monitor doesn't show any random signal spikes, so I can't think of anything else....

Edited by oranj7

Affirmative, thank you.

Quick question David - can you offer any links re: Logic Pro's Controller Assignment window that really explain in great detail the whole right side of Expert view? (Controller Assignment Parameters, MIDI Input Message, and Value areas in particular.) I realize there is the Logic Pro instructions, but they are very thin in actual demos - I've found a video or two that try to explain, but they really just suffer thru trying to fig it all out on video, so I don't learn much...