keyboard that has one key B#3 that will not play.

Mnelson7045
Go to solution Solved by Mnelson7045,

I have a keyboard that has one key B#3 that will not play. In the area that shows midi data, it tells me no IN no out. I have multiple control surfaces but the keyboard is not one of them. It plays fine but for the one note. I wish I could find the command for that note but I cannot find it.

Thanks for your time.

• David Nahmani changed the title to keyboard that has one key B#3 that will not play.

This happens a lot - you've most likely accidentally MIDI learned that note to a Logic command, so that note no longer reaches the sequencer.

You can either find that assignment in your Controller Assignments window, or you can trash your preferences (which will reset any assignments).

As a short-term workaround, selecting Logic -> Control Surfaces -> Bypass All Control Surfaces should also restore the note, as it's no longer intercepted by your accidental assignment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mnelson7045 said:

If I bypass all control surfaces , I will lose my Mackie controllers.

It's a troubleshooting step, to verify that is the problem. The solutions I also posted - remove the assignment, or trash your prefs if you can't find the assignment to remove.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mnelson7045 said:

I believe I have a bad key on the keyboard. 

This is an easy test: download the free https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/ utility and see what your Mac is receiving from your keyboard. No need to even have Logic running at all when doing the test. 

This should put your mind at ease. The problem is either with your keyboard, or with Logic, and this simple test will answer that.