Audio Unit Scanning Stalls at 0 (zero)

muses
Go to solution Solved by muses,

Hey guys, sudden annoying behavior in LPX where every time I open it it tries to rescan my Audio Units, but it just stalls at the 0th one, so there's no info on which plugin is the issue, and I've let it just sit for at least 15 minutes on several occasions. It just won't budge. The only way to keep things going is to abort the scan. All my plugins work fine and seem to be ok. There are a few that failed validation and I don't mind getting rid of hem, but removing the Components on the Library isn't working because the scan doesn't get past this initial blockage.

Any thoughts/help, without me resetting Logic completely would be great!

Thanks!

• Solution

Legend @des99

I hadn't done that trick in a long time.

I did one thing differently, though. I removed all the Components. Ran Logic—which still scanned 500+ audio units.. I have NO idea where it found those since the Components folder was completely empty! Anyway, that caused no issues.

Then I put all the Components back into the folder, reran Logic and no stalling on anything, no issues. Must have been some weird glitch.

Anyway, resolved and thanks again!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, des99 said:

There are two components folders - one in the root Library, and one in the User Library - so you may want to check both.

Anyway, dislodging some of them seems to have cleared the cache and fixed your issue, so that's all good! 🙂

That’s the weird thing. Nothing in the user components folder.