What instrument was this sound sampled from? The preset is called Another Comp ???

16 hours ago, Ratio said:

What instrument was this sound sampled from?

I don't know, but it sounds very digital with a lot of high end. You could probably get something similar from the ES2.

3 hours ago, Ratio said:

This is exactly the sound I want.

Well that sounds very similar to the sampled instruments you mention above - why not just use those, as you already have them?

Angielski

This is Z Instrument Sampler : App presets > 05 Synhesizers > Sequence Elements > Another Comp.

But I'm looking for the original instrument, maybe a good plug-in. After a little investigation, I suspect that it may be a Roland D 50, but I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking. Maybe someone on the forum knows this sound from the original instrument.

No, it's not a D50. Sounds more like a digital wavetable synth to me, maybe Waldorf Wave type synth (which was sampled).

emagic sampled a lot of boutique synths back in the day, including the Wave, for the EXS24 sampler Analog and Digital expansion packs, many of which were rolled into Logic Studio going forward. I haven't checked to see whether those samples come from there.

If you look in the synth pads samples folder where those samples come from, you'll see sample references to the D50 (eg "LA *"), Oberheim Matrix, Roland Jupiter, "FM" stuff from Yamaha's DX synths, PPG Wave samples Minimoog samples - almost all these are vintage and horrendously expensive synths now - 20-30K for a Jupiter 8, for instance. Much of this stuff comes from those Extreme Analog and Extreme Digital sample libraries for the EXS24. Of course, there are plugins for some of these instruments now too.

If you want plugins, ES2 will get you in that ballpark, or look to more modern wavetable synths like Spire, Serum and so on.

Edited by des99