Logic Pro folders are missing Bounces folder after saving to Google Drive

rjsounds

Hello,

I recently started a project with some friends and they're using a shared folder in Google Drive to collaborate. They shared the folder with me and mentioned they work and save everything directly to the drive so if any of us wish to make changes, those changes will be made and easily accessible for everyone.

I'm saving my projects as folders directly to the shared folder using the Google Drive desktop app. The problem I encountered (or rather my colleagues) is that they can't seem to open the logic files I've saved there. We also noticed that the bounces folder appears to be missing. They also claim the logic files are showing as ".logicx.pkgf" which is strange, because for me they're appearing as ".logicx".

Moreover, any projects I save right to my own computer now, such as my desktop, are now missing the Bounce folder. This all started right when I began working in the shared Google Drive folder and saving projects directly to that shared folder.

Any ideas what's going on?

A logic project file is a package, only on the Mac filesystem it appears as a file that you can double-click to open in Logic. That can break down when using other filesystems, which are not supported by Logic Pro (Logic Pro supports only Mac OS Extended and APFS filesystems). 

For these reasons I recommend against saving your project directly to Google drive. Instead, save it locally first, then in the Finder, Control-click your project folder and choose "Compress" to create a .zip file that you can upload to Google drive. 

5 hours ago, rjsounds said:

Hello,

I recently started a project with some friends and they're using a shared folder in Google Drive to collaborate. They shared the folder with me and mentioned they work and save everything directly to the drive so if any of us wish to make changes, those changes will be made and easily accessible for everyone.

You and your friends have invited disappointment into your lives. Google drives don’t necessarily save the full information of Logic projects.

I see @David Nahmani has expand on why and what to do.