Flexpitch: New MBP; memory needed?

Lonvc1

Hello all, 

I'm on a 2018 i9 intel MBP (2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4).  I recently updated to the latest LPX and also to Ventura from high Sierra (was on LPX10.2) and since then the MBP is running its fans all the time when recording - not to mention the computer is generally struggling (fans running audibly at the time of writing this). As I keep the computer in the same room as tracking the fans are a huge issue. I did think about downgrading but the improvements in functionality and eradication of bugs that I had with LPX 10.2 seem to have been remedied. So I would like to stick with this latest version of LPX as it is miles ahead for workflow.

I use flexpitch heavily (hour long tracks at times). I'm looking for the right level of unified memory on the latest M3 MBP. Is 192gb of any use to me? My priority is workflow, (and I always convert regions to new audio files then switch on flex pitch so it's always treated as an individual region and set of Flex Pitch edits), I want to make sure I give myself the best chance of a seamless workflow and of course future proofing. I never thought I'd be updating the computer after 6 years but I probably should have guessed.

What is the main aspect that affects usage of flex pitch for these long recordings? (CPU, memory?) Does splitting a one hour recording across multiple tracks lessen the load on the CPU/memory (not sure which one is more significant/applicable here?)

If I go for a M3 max will this be more favourable than the Mac Studio m2 ultra given that the m2 ultra has a greater number of cores (As you can tell, I'm clueless as to what is the main player (CPU?) when it comes to intensive flex pitch tasks (not to mention also other plugins).

Any help would be most appreciated, I'd like to get most bang for buck, and not waste any money. I haven't seen a video online address the issue of what exactly 192gb of unified memory is for in respect to LPX and specifically flex pitch edits.

Thank you!