Latency bug..???

cmf

Hi. Been using LPX for 20 years. Teach in it. I now run v. 10.7, and suddently some instruments behave odd. No matter using the Delay comp button on top, or shifting All or Audio and instruments in pref., all instruments and audio should play in sync, but they only do when no compensation is on(Prf. set to All, or button on top is idle. Now, when engaging either delay comp method, logic's strings play back 500 ms behind. I've recorded drums, piano, bas, and they are in sync, no matter what state delay comp i'm in. Switching to All, or turn of Delay comp button on top, String plugin lines up.

This is the first time ever to experience that...!!!

Any surgestions?? 

Edited by cmf

That sounds like expected behaviour to me - presumably by "delay comp button up top" you mean "low latency mode"?

With high latency plugins, delay compensation prefs should be set to All, and low latency mode should be disabled for all your plugins to be working, and have everything lined up (with latency due to the plugins you are using).

You can see how much latency a plugin uses by hovering over it's insert (with help tags enabled).

All this I do know. As I said, I'm an experienced pro user. Still, all instruments and audio should be in sync, even when Audio and Software instrument Tracks(ASIT) - (in pref) is set. Done some testing. It turns out that Logic 10.7 having trouble handling sidechain in compressors. Using bus or audio trig, same thing. Engaging side chain, fucks up Logics delay compensation....!!

1 hour ago, cmf said:

Still, all instruments and audio should be in sync, even when Audio and Software instrument Tracks(ASIT) - (in pref) is set. Done some testing. It turns out that Logic 10.7 having trouble handling sidechain in compressors.

Yes, these are well known issues that have been discussed here a lot. It wasn't clear from your above description that you were using sidechaining and experience issues with this. 10.8 supposedly fixes bugs in this area - try again with that, if this is the problem you are having.