Selection Based Processing: Marquee Within Take Folder Creates Extra Comps and Selects Wrong Take

sunbrother

- Enable Quick Swipe and Take Editing Click Zones

- Disclose a Take Folder

- Use Marquee to Select a portion of a region within the take folder you wish to process

- Open Selection Based Processing

- (Split at Marquee borders can be selected or un-selected)

- Apply Selection Based Processing

Expected Result: No new comp is created and the marquee selection of processed audio, if not already swiped, is swiped to the Comp Track

Actual Result: Activates that processed take, disregarding the marquee selection and your previous Comp, and also creates an undesired Comp Track in the background that you can see in the Comp Track selection menu.

Use case: Processing (tuning or de-clicking) a single word while still comping

Edited by sunbrother

4 hours ago, sunbrother said:

Actual Result: Activates that processed take, disregarding the marquee selection and your previous Comp, and also creates an undesired Comp Track in the background that you can see in the Comp Track selection menu.

Except for the superfluous comp (which has already been mentioned in the other thread) this works as I would expect it to when I try. The un-processed part of the take will be replaced by the processed marquee area.

8 hours ago, polanoid said:

again, what does that mean?

I expect a portion of the take that I processed (corresponding to the exact boundaries of the marquee selection) should be promoted to the comp as if the user left click dragged with Quick Swiping Enabled.

8 hours ago, polanoid said:

Except for the superfluous comp (which has already been mentioned in the other thread) this works as I would expect it to when I try. The un-processed part of the take will be replaced by the processed marquee area.

Is this more clear? The new Comp has huge portions which contain nothing now, and my marquee selection was nowhere near any of those sections. I selected a relatively small area and a bunch of other things were de-activated as a result both to the right and to the left of the marquee selection.

SBPTakeFolder.thumb.gif.bf49db539786ab0658b44f8f3692c0a1.gif

Edited by sunbrother

10 hours ago, polanoid said:

Again, only seems to happen when multiple regions reside on one take track (which I didn't try). Thanks for posting a video, this obviously says more than 1000 words.

Are you saying that there are steps where you were able to keep the 1st Comp the same, the only difference being the new processed portion of the Marquee'd take?

Even if there aren't multiple regions on a Take, post-SBP it still only selects that take on the new Comp.

I’d be very happy to not have to delete the 2nd Comp and left click the new take to promote it to the 1st Comp.

SBP Take Folder2.gif

Edited by sunbrother