Selection Based Processing: Marquee Within Take Folder with "New Take" Makes New (Wrong) Comp

sunbrother

- Enable Quick Swipe and Take Editing Click Zones

- Disclose a Take Folder

- Use Marquee to Select a portion of a region within the take folder you wish to process

- Open Selection Based Processing

- Select Split at Marquee Borders

- Select create new take

- Apply Selection Based Processing

Expected Result: No new comp is created and the newly created take portion is swiped to the Comp Track

Actual Result: Creates a new Comp with the the Processed Take's parent and the new Processed Take, disregarding your marquee selection and your comp

Use case: Processing (tuning or de-clicking) a single word while still comping

Workaround: Delete current comp and click the newest (top) region in the take folder to Swipe it.

Edited by sunbrother

4 hours ago, sunbrother said:

Actual Result: Creates a new Comp with the the Processed Take's parent and the new Processed Take, disregarding your marquee selection and your comp

I don't understand what would be wrong about this. You're processing only a part of the take, a new region is being created for that part, on a new Take track. To be able to keep hearing the non-processed part of the take, a comp is being created as well. So now you are able to easily switch between the processed and the non-processed version of the Marquee selection. To me this looks like it's working just fine? Also, in what way is the marquee selection being "disregarded"? Only the marqueed part is being processed, that is not disregarding.

4 hours ago, sunbrother said:

swiped to the Comp Track

What do you mean by "swiped to" and "Comp track"?

8 hours ago, polanoid said:

I don't understand what would be wrong about this. You're processing only a part of the take, a new region is being created for that part, on a new Take track. To be able to keep hearing the non-processed part of the take, a comp is being created as well. So now you are able to easily switch between the processed and the non-processed version of the Marquee selection. To me this looks like it's working just fine? Also, in what way is the marquee selection being "disregarded"? Only the marqueed part is being processed, that is not disregarding.

What do you mean by "swiped to" and "Comp track"?

I agree, except in practice it isn't just for that part. The marquee selection is just for a portion of the region and a whole bunch of other edits are being ruined outside of that area, both to the right and to the left of the marquee selection.

Please look at this GIF. I really wouldn't call this "working just fine"

By "Swiped to" I mean a portion of a take is promoted/activated so it appears on the currently active Comp. As if a user left clicked a part of a take within a take folder with quick swipe enabled.

"Comp Track" meaning the currently active Comp that is on the Track.

SBP Take Folder.gif

Edited by sunbrother

OK that seems to be the bug occurring only with multiple regions on one take track already described in another thread yesterday or so. Hopefully you mentioned that in the report as well...

2 hours ago, sunbrother said:

Please look at this GIF. I really wouldn't call this "working just fine"

I tried with a take folder containing only one region on each take track, in which it indeed worked fine. Always good to post videos.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, polanoid said:

OK that seems to be the bug occurring only with multiple regions on one take track already described in another thread yesterday or so. Hopefully you mentioned that in the report as well...

I tried with a take folder containing only one region on each take track, in which it indeed worked fine. Always good to post videos.

Thank you. Yes, a very basic test would probably not reveal all of the issues with Take Folders and Selection Based Processing.