Logic 10.8 playhead not moving during recording & playback

stephenhiscox

I (perhaps foolishly) updated to 10.8, and am having major problems with recording and playback. I've made a video , but basically nothing seems to be visible on-screen "live". The level meters aren't showing the actual levels. When I record (or play back) the playhead doesn't move – the newly recorded region only appears when I stop recording. (It also behaves the same way when I record a software instrument.) Hitting the "return" key doesn't move the playhead back to the beginning – I have to drag it manually.
(I'm in 14.1.1 on an M1 Pro MacBook Pro)
Would be very grateful for any help, thanks!
Stephen

2 minutes ago, polanoid said:

And this started after installing 10.8? No other modifications to your setup (audio/MIDI hardware, OS Version) at the same time?

That's right, it started with 10.8. I've updated to OS 14.1.1 (from 14.1), but it was having the same problems before that. No other changes to my setup.

Strangely, the problem only seems to be in newly created projects – if I open a project that was created in the previous Logic version, everything's fine.

Just now, stephenhiscox said:

Damn, it's still messed up when I use an old project as a template. 😞 But thanks for the suggestion.

That is so odd, sorry to hear. 

If you want to continue troubleshooting that I would slowly remove things from an older project where this is working and try to determine at what point exactly it starts displaying this issue?