How to scale Plugin windows?

will3music

Hi, I'm using Logic Pro X 10.8.

I have my display scaled for ease of reading, but this makes Plugin windows appear enormous when using Logic Pro X. Is there a way to make them appear about 50% of the size? I seem to remember this being an option a few versions of Logic ago, from the "View" menu at the top of the plugin, but a) I often can't get to the "View" menu because the Plugin is so big, and b) the scaling options don't seem to be there anymore.

I also remember that it was possible to scale all Plugins from somewhere in the Preferences menu, but I can't find this option.

The View menu still exists in the plug-in header.
You can also drag the lower left/right corners to resize plug-in windows.

Rather than scaling the entire display, have you experimented with the various accessibility features and used default functions such as zoom: Option Cmd - and Option Cmd =
You can also adjust text size here.
Logic also provides several display options in Settings>View>General.
Large Local Menus
Wide Playhead
a.s.o.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oscwilde said:

The View menu still exists in the plug-in header.
You can also drag the lower left/right corners to resize plug-in windows.

Thanks for your reply. I've tried a few different screen resolutions and I'm happy with the one I've chosen, it's the best for overall accessibility without sacrificing too much screen real estate. The Plugin windows are really the only time it's a problem.

Some Plugins don't give the option to resize in the "View" menu unfortunately. Also, in these cases, dragging the lower corners simply moves the window, rather than resizing it (I have placed the cursor at the very edge of the window, makes no difference).

Does anyone know if there's a solution to this within Logic Pro itself?

Edited by will3music

On 11/12/2023 at 11:45 AM, will3music said:

Some Plugins don't give the option to resize in the "View" menu

Third-party plugs?
If so, many (such as the Arturia plugs) have a settings menu or icons where this can be done.....or the resize by dragging a corner feature (the pointer shows a two-headed diagonal arrow if the cursor is in the correct "click/mouseover zone").
Catch-22 is that a number of third-party plugs simply can't be resized....and this limitation can only be resolved by the plug-in developer - it's not something that Apple can address in Logic. i.e. the resizeability is a function of the plug-in itself as it contains the larger/smaller graphics/vector art, fonts, etc. - depending on the approach taken by the developer and requirements of the plug-in.

Have you considered/is it practical in your Logic working situation to use an additional monitor?
If so, Logic can work across multiple screens (of the same or different resolutions) and you can freely reposition plug-in windows as/where you wish.

Edited by oscwilde