Library Disconnected (MacBook Sleep)

abihssera

Hey fellow Logic Pro X users,

I'm facing a rather puzzling issue with my Logic Pro X library, and I'm hoping someone can provide some guidance on how to resolve it.

Here's what happened:

I downloaded my Logic Pro X library in its entirety yesterday, and everything was working smoothly. However, today, while working on a project, my MacBook went to sleep, causing it to disconnect my external hard drive where my Logic Pro X library is located. When I closed and reopened Logic Pro X after this happened, it acted as if I had just installed Logic Pro and prompted me to download either the simple or complete pack.

The strange part is that I still have my complete library stored on the external hard drive, and I haven't made any changes to it.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue where Logic Pro X fails to recognize the library after a disconnection like this? How can I get Logic Pro X to recognize and use my existing library on the external drive without having to redownload everything?

I'd greatly appreciate any insights or solutions you can provide to help me get back on track with my Logic Pro X projects. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to provide an update on the issue I was experiencing with Logic Pro X and my library. After encountering the problem where Logic Pro X prompted me to redownload the library following a disconnection of my external hard drive, I found a simple solution: I restarted my MacBook Pro.

After the restart, Logic Pro X recognized my library on the external hard drive without any issues. It seems that a simple reboot was all that was needed to get everything back in order.

I appreciate all the advice and support from this community. Sometimes, the solution can be as straightforward as a restart!

Thanks to everyone for your assistance!