A later version of logic and a later OS

NoPro
Go to solution Solved by rAC,

I am on a 2019 Intel iMac . I’m not sure how far I can or should take my OS and Logic version to .I plan on cloning my internal hardrive and have already backed up logic 10.5.1 /OS is 10.15.7

any advice as to what versions( OS and Logic  )I could reasonably advance to ? I don’t  have an m1 or M2. Thank you all replies are greatly appreciated !!! My computer specs below .!8 have a 500 gig solid state internal with approx 285 gigs left 

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP790?locale=en_US

Edited by NoPro

• Solution

I recommend a clean reinstall. On an Intel iMac I’d be inclined to say try Monterey which means Logic 10.7.9 is end of road for you unless you need something that’s only in 10.8 in which case Ventura or Sonoma is required. 

Bottom line try the Monterey 10.7.9 combo unless 10.8 has feature/bug fix you can’t live without.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winip said:

I have an Intel iMac and also an Intel MacBook Pro (both 2019). When Logic 10.8 came out I decided to risk it and installed Sonoma. Absolutely everything is working perfectly here about 10 days in.

This is great news!!! I’m gonna back up the os …and logic …it’s mainly the plugins that might give me issues