Click track won't work until i restart session

guitboy

So, I keep having this problem, where for no reason I can figure out, my click track doesn't work. you will see the graphic of it clicking but the sound is gone, go into the setting of course, can't get a sound. then I will close my session and restart and the problem is gone. Then later it will happen again. 

Any thoughts?

9 hours ago, guitboy said:

No, it has been a recurring issue across several projects. 

Ok and does it happen even if you start a new empty project by choosing File > New? 

Because the way the click track channel strip behaves has changed throughout Logic versions and if you're using a project file that was created in an earlier Logic version, or start your project from a template that was created in an earlier Logic version, that's most likely the cause of your issue. 

I upgrade Logic Pro with every single version, keeping backups of every version just in case. I more rarely upgrade macOS. I don't really follow a schedule, it depends if I'm very busy with many projects (in which case I stick to my tried and true system) or if I have time on my hands and know a newer combo is stable - or if I have a new machine (in which case I upgrade macOS).