Recorded track off-grid issue

Nola111
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

This is absolutely maddening and I’m hoping someone can help. Let me say from the outset that this is not related to Mastering Assistant causing latency. 

I was on Logic 10.7.8 on macOS Monterey. No issues there with my daily workflow. I updated to macOS Ventura, then to Logic 10.8.

Now, when I track guitar, during recording everything sounds fine and as normal. But when I playback, the timing of the recording is off the click. When I look at the waveform, it too is off the grid (everything is late). I have looked at every setting to make sure I didn’t inadvertently change anything. Then, just to eliminate variables such as my interface or other plugins, I removed ALL plugins from the session and recorded my voice into the MacBook internal microphone counting 1,2,3,4 along with the click. Issue still exists - the resulting region is not in line with the grid. Audio buffer is set to 32 like always when I record live guitar.

Any idea what could be happening here?