Library Browser Lag Issue: Logic 10.8 vs. 10.5.1

TimeForMusic

Please see the attached video.

I have created a project in Logic 10.8 and opened this same project in Logic 10.5.1. 

When selecting a track in Logic 10.8 loaded from a patch in the library browser, the time it takes for the library to update is slower than from Logic 10.5.1. 

Does anyone know what the culprit to this may be here or if they are experiencing the same thing on their end? 

22 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Are both 10.8 and 10.5.1 installed on the same machine pointing to the same sound library? 

Yes, both 10.8 and 10.5.1 are installed on the same machine and pointing to the same sound library (everything is running on an external SSD that I'm booted off of). 

Perhaps newer versions of Logic don't run as well on intel machines? 

26 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

I mean there's a tiny lag but it seems faster for me.

To clarify, are you saying 10.8 is faster than 10.5.1 for you? I would LOVE to see how these speeds are comparing on your machine.

One thing I noticed, if those here could help me pinpoint this:

I noticed that beyond Logic 10.5.1, when you select a new track, the library browser will 'refresh' for a split second (see the above video: the 10.8 library window will all turn blank and empty for a split second before displaying the patches again), whereas in Logic 10.5.1, this does not occur. 

I wonder if within this rework lies the origin of the lag.

Does anyone know what is going on with the quick reset we see? I know beyond Logic 10.5.1, they changed it so that "Enable Patch Merging" also resets when you select a new track. 

interesting. That is a great video to send to Apple logic feedback to report this. I do recall in older versions of logic having some trouble with the library understanding what kind of track was selected sometimes and going blank... perhaps there was some work done to fix this that has slowed it down over all. I would definitely send that video to apple! that is a pretty significant difference overall and adds up over time.