Bricasti M7 and Apple Impulse Response Utility

Mandubien
Go to solution Solved by Mandubien,

Hey there!

After a clean install of my MBP, I'm trying to convert the 2023 Bricasti M7 IRs from Samplicity into presets for Space Designer. 

In IRU, I load the left/right files then export in stereo, but it looks like only the left channel is used since in EVERY preset the left channel is WAY more louder than the right channel.

So what am I doing wrong here? How can I get perfect stereo IR presets with IRU? 

Thank you for your help

5 minutes ago, oscwilde said:

Have you tried to simply drag the desired Samplicity IR wav file into Space Designer? 
It may not be necessary to use IRU for your needs - but not sure what you have in mind.

Yes, and you can load only one file. So the left file of the IR sounds really loud in the left speaker (and vice versa with the right file). If I use the quad format, it simply sounds mono… 

One thing I haven’t tried yet is to import the left and right IRs into Logic, and export a stereo file and see if this can work.

I hope there’s an easier way to fix this though ^^

Edited by Mandubien

30 minutes ago, Mandubien said:

One thing I haven’t tried yet is to import the left and right IRs into Logic, and export a stereo file and see if this can work.

You can drag them in to adjacent tracks and use the Join command (CMD-J).
This file can be dragged in to SD and you can save.

For the Quad (or stereo) files, open IR utility and drag in.
The menu should give you several options:
ImpulseResponseUtilityScreenSnapz001.thumb.png.269e3dd7b17d15b073b926e4ed777ec1.png

Edited by oscwilde

• Solution
13 minutes ago, oscwilde said:

You can drag them in to adjacent tracks and use the Join command (CMD-J).
This file can be dragged in to SD and you can save.

This works perfectly. So I panned the left and right files, join them into a single stereo file and import it into SD. It sounds perfect! 

Now it's time to create real presets for SD so I won't have to import manually the files each time. It's gonna take me forever but it's worth it!

Thanks for your help man!

• Like 1