Deleting failed plugins

Burn Witch Burn

Hi, I keep getting an Audio Units Plugin fail message.  I'm trying to pinpoint the problem and delete the plugins.

When I go to plugin manager, there are two failed plugins.  But the "Remove" button, which appears upon right click, is grayed out.  

I looked up the plugs in Mac Finder search and it shows no system folder where they might reside (only my backup folder).  I don't know where to go to delete them.  Any ideas?

Ps, I've checked in Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components and the two plugins in question are not there.  

FailedPlugins.jpg

46 minutes ago, Burn Witch Burn said:

Ps, I've checked in Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components and the two plugins in question are not there.  

Did you check the Components folder in your user Library (which by default is a hidden folder)?

~/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components

If they're not there then it's cache-related. Quit Logic and trash the contents of this folder:

~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache

J.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burn Witch Burn said:

looked up the plugs in Mac Finder search and it shows no system folder where they might reside (only my backup folder). 

That's because when you search like this, Spotlight does not search system locations, so they won't show up. You have to add a search criteria of "System files = Included" to also show matches in system locations.

• Like 3