10.8.1 not remembering disabled state of tracks within track stack BUG

dmuckala

As of 10.8.1 disabling and unloading plugins in a track (or tracks within a stack) is now just a click, instead of option-click like before.  This is obviously an improvement, but now if you have a stack of tracks with varying states of enabled/disabled within it, turning the stack on enables all the tracks within it.  Before the prior state of the tracks within the stack were remembered.

2 hours ago, dmuckala said:

now if you have a stack of tracks with varying states of enabled/disabled within it, turning the stack on enables all the tracks within it.  Before the prior state of the tracks within the stack were remembered.

I can't replicate the behaviour.
On/Off, individual plug-in bypasses, mute, etc. state of sub-tracks in a stack all behave as expected when the master track is turned on/off.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies.  Hmm.  This is an older session but not ancient.  Was probably created under 10.7.9 initially.  

I just tested again by

1. disabled a track within a stack including unload (should we call this fully disable?)

2. disabled the stack

3. re-enabled the stack

result: all tracks within the stack are now enabled.

I can reproduce this with a slightly different result: The track will retain its Off state after toggling the stack’s main track off and in again, but the plug-in is loaded anyway (i.e. although the track is off). So I need to toggle that specific track on and off again to re-unload the plug-in.

Is that what you’re seeing?

Edited by polanoid

…unless I hold Option while clicking the main track’s on/off button. Seems that behaviour is somehow reversed for track stack main tracks?

Ahh, and there it is.  When they reversed the click vs. option-click behavior, it seems they didn't mirror it in this behavior as well.  

Edited by dmuckala