changing the title of the WAV master file after it is bounced

KeithJames
Go to solution Solved by wonshu,

I discovered I have some format issues for submission to publication in the simple matter of the titles of my WAV files because I have used unacceptable characters such as parentheses and forward slashes.  Is it okay to just change the title of the file or should I imbed the proper name by rebouncing?  I'm re-bouncing with the proper names but then wouldn't mind knowing the facts regarding just changing the title of the existing file....

• Solution

As a general good practice: make sure you retain the Logic project that created that bounce and never change it again. If you have to make changes (musically or sonically) do a save as and increase the version number.

I work with so many people in the film industry that remember the sound of a mix exactly and once they melded the sound with picture, it is extremely hard to let go and "accept" another sound, even if we musicians consider it to be a better mix or performance... I even find myself feeling the same way.

Out of that experience we are extremely careful to retain the specific Logic projects unchanged that created a bounce.