Plugins Not Working After I/O

Andrew0568
Go to solution Solved by Andrew0568,

6 hours ago, Andrew0568 said:

Is this intentional? Or do I have something routed incorrectly?

It's not intentional, no, so it's likely that you have something routed incorrectly. If you want to troubleshoot your routing, I would suggest that you start a new empty project with only one track and the I/O plug-in, then a couple of plug-in after that. Check your routing and if it's not working, share a screenshot of your Mixer and your I/O plug-in (so that we can see your routing). 

Sorry to bump this, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I know I have the Apollo and my hardware compressor physically connected properly because in UAD's console I can route from Analog 4 (where I have a mic plugged in) to Analog 5 (hardware compressor) and it sounds perfect. In Logic when I set input to 4 and then add I/O with in/out 5, there's no audio. I must have something wrong routed within Logic but I can't figure out what

Screenshot2023-12-14at9_29_52PM.thumb.png.9f0f6758ef6c8da53ac64884f3aa127b.pngScreenshot2023-12-14at9_29_48PM.thumb.png.9a313c89c0af9e9d66b4b71a5d0bdcfa.png

Your surround settings do not affect any of this so you can disregard them at this moment. 

So to troubleshoot this I would recommend not using the I/O plug-in at first. 

Route some audio from Logic to an output that is connected to the input of your compressor: is the audio reaching the compressor? Is there a meter on the compressor that allows you to tell if it's receiving an audio signal? 

Now in Logic's mixer, you could create as many Aux channel strip as you have inputs on your audio interface, set to ascending inputs. So Aux 1 = Input 1, Aux2 = Input 2 etc. These will show you exactly what audio signal is present at each one of your audio interface's inputs, and where the audio is coming back from the compressor. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 10:46 PM, David Nahmani said:

Your surround settings do not affect any of this so you can disregard them at this moment. 

So to troubleshoot this I would recommend not using the I/O plug-in at first. 

Route some audio from Logic to an output that is connected to the input of your compressor: is the audio reaching the compressor? Is there a meter on the compressor that allows you to tell if it's receiving an audio signal? 

Now in Logic's mixer, you could create as many Aux channel strip as you have inputs on your audio interface, set to ascending inputs. So Aux 1 = Input 1, Aux2 = Input 2 etc. These will show you exactly what audio signal is present at each one of your audio interface's inputs, and where the audio is coming back from the compressor. 

Thank you so much for your help! Ironically my interface crapped out shortly after my initial post and I just received the replacement

• I have a stereo audio track. In Logic, its output is set to "Output 7-8." I am getting signal to the right channel only on my outboard compressor
  • The compressor is physically connected to Ins/Outs 5 and 6 on my Apollo interface
  • I know everything is physically connected to the Apollo correctly because in UAD's console I can route audio out to "Line 5-6" and it goes to the compressor correctly

The final piece of the puzzle is I have no idea why it's only sending audio through Output 8 and not Output 7