Logic is recording during Count-In (did not used to prior to 10.8)

dysamoria

Logic is recording during Count-In. As of 10.8 (yes, I have 10.8.1 now), I have JUST had this start happening to me and it never used to. I like the count-in feature, and relied on it for timing, but now it overwrites existing MIDI regions with new notes (if I start playing too early) or blank regions (if I don't start playing), and this overwrites the existing region.

This never happened before, seems like illogical behavior, and I want it to stop. Help?

• 3 months later...
On 12/14/2023 at 1:04 PM, dysamoria said:

Logic is recording during Count-In.

Logic has always done that (unless you're e.g. using auto punch) as soon as you play notes.

If Logic does this if you do not play notes, you should check if one of your input devices sends MIDI data (not necessarily notes).

BTW if it "overwrites existing MIDI regions" you should change your "Record -> Overlapping MIDI Regions" mode to something that suits your needs, or record to a separate track.

I didn't. I shall do so next time I notice this happening. I will have to update this thread with my findings later. Right now I am trying to deal with a much worse issue (my thread about Audio MIDI Setup MIDI Studio being entirely corrupted).

9 hours ago, dysamoria said:

I shall do so next time I notice this happening. I will have to update this thread with my findings later.

Please do. Logic never records a blank MIDI region (and a MIDI region is created only once Logic receives at least one MIDI event, so chances are, something is being recorded in that MIDI region. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Please do. Logic never records a blank MIDI region (and a MIDI region is created only once Logic receives at least one MIDI event, so chances are, something is being recorded in that MIDI region. 

[Wrong thread]

Edited by dysamoria
Wrong thread
  • Like 1