Any way to insert MIDI generated by Scripter as an event in a MIDI region?

DjStiky

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if there's a way where when I use a button inside the scripter plugin to trigger CC or any other MIDI information, to have that information inserted in a midi region as an event, lets say in step recording mode. I am using my script along with the External Instrument plugin. Right now it just sends it out from the midi port. Would ideally like to do both at the same time.

Thanks

Edited by DjStiky

That's logical. Now that I think of it, I guess I could also run a midi cable from Midi Thru of my external synth back into my interface. To avoid unwanted loopback, I might be able to filter outgoing messages from my synth to only the types I want with one of these, which I have.

Edited by DjStiky

• 1 month later...

@DjStiky Yes, you can record the output of Scripter in real time on the track where Scripter is inserted:

1. Click the right-hand side of the Scripter insert and choose Record MIDI to Track Here.
    Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 1.21.27 AM.png
  2. You'll notice two yellow triangles right below the Scripter plug-in.
    Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 1.21.30 AM.png
  3. Press Record and the output of Scripter will be recorded in a MIDI region on the track. 

1 minute ago, Dewdman42 said:

with one caveat....that only works if you are recording the midi input while you're recording it from your midi controller...it doesn't record the output from scripter if you are using track data to feed scripter.  

Yes indeed. 

It should work for the OP though if I understand correctly? I believe he's trying to record events that he is generating in the Scripter plug-in itself, clicking a button to generate MIDI events.