Adding to Apple Loops with Automation data?

globet
Go to solution Solved by Maestro777,

Is this possible? When you add to Apple Loops, it even includes all the plugins you added. The Automation gets excluded for some reason. Any way to do this?

So I have a DMD pattern I would like to Apple Loops, when I add it and load it on to a project, the Automation is always set at -11.9dB when the original pattern is at 0dB. What could be the reason?

I added Track 1 to Apple Loops, load it back on Track 18, now the volume is at -8.1dB? ?

Screenshot2023-12-23at2_36_49AM.thumb.png.975cf274dd4d6228653e3d7d78f08bda.png

Edited by globet

• Solution
1 hour ago, globet said:

Is this possible? When you add to Apple Loops, it even includes all the plugins you added. The Automation gets excluded for some reason. Any way to do this?

Unless someone else here can attest otherwise, the answer is no. Apple Audio Loops are only sampled snippets of audio and aren’t intended to include embeddedd plugin and automation effects. I think this makes sense b/c the audio should be able to be easily brought into any project without dependency of plugins. Similarly, the MIDI in the Apple Loops should not need the dependency of having plugins and since it is only MIDI data it can be easily ported to any VST instrument and interchange plugins as desired.

If your objective is to include plugin effects, panning automation and etc. You should apply all those elements to the track, bounce it to an audio file and then add that audio file to Apple Loops.

1 hour ago, globet said:

So I have a DMD pattern I would like to Apple Loops, when I add it and load it on to a project, the Automation is always set at -11.9dB when the original pattern is at 0dB. What could be the reason?

I added Track 1 to Apple Loops, load it back on Track 18, now the volume is at -8.1dB? ?

Testing this, I added a simple 4 bar bass line to an audio track with the fader set to 0 db unity gain. Then Ctrl + Click for the context menu, Export -> Add To Loop Library

When I browsed the Loop Library, located the loop and added to the project; the fader position remained unchanged from the default 0 db position. So I am unable to reproduce your issue.

But you also mentioned using a DMD pattern which I don’t ever use.So someone else who uses DMD patterns may be better suited to answer your question.

However, I’’m “suspecting” that your DMD comps actual level may be -8.1 dB and that may be why the resulting loop is -8.1 dB. This is possibly b/c irrelevant of where the fader is before you add it to the Library, the fader position of audio after it’s added to the Library may be accurately reflecting the dB level of the DMD when it is being added. Again, this is just my theory though.

Good Luck

Edited by Maestro777
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 6:15 PM, David Nahmani said:

Disable "Auto Leveling" in the action menu at the bottom left of the Loop Browser:

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 11.14.39 AM.png

Interesting. Curious how this “Auto Leveling” is set.

If you disable Auto Leveling, the automation data will also be added to Apple Loops?