Help with finding hidden plugins

Serenade314
Go to solution Solved by Serenade314,

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I have a weird issue with some older sessions that have plugins I don't use anymore.

On opening, I get the prompt that a plugin can't be found on the system. The thing is, the plugin in question is not on any of the channel strips in the session, at least not in any of the ones visible in the mixer or the environment. It's almost like the plugin is on a previously deleted, or reassigned channel strip or instrument. Is there a way to make all channel settings visible, even the ones not assigned to any active ones in the session?

Any help is appreciated 🙂

Hi @Serenade314,

1 hour ago, Serenade314 said:

The thing is, the plugin in question is not on any of the channel strips in the session, at least not in any of the ones visible in the mixer or the environment.

I'd be surprised if there's a reference to that plugin still in the project if the plugin is not visibly loaded in any channel strip object. 

If you could share a copy of one of those project files (without any audio files, MIDI regions, or other assets you don't want people to access) and tell us the name of the plugin in question, we could have a look.

J.

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi J,

thanks so much for your reply. Really appreciate it. I spent all afternoon messing around with it, and funnily enough I JUST figured it out by accident.

I am attaching a PDF to show the before and after to display the issue since it might be interesting to anyone else with this issue..

Not sure if this is a "bug" per se, but it made no sense seeing the error if the output was disabled.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Marcus

Solution to hidden plug.png

• Like 1