TIME MACHINE HELP PLEASE

drakepeterdrake
Go to solution Solved by drakepeterdrake,

I accidentally erased 8 bars of background vocals in a project. I didn't realize it until I'd already backed up my work for the day to an external drive, otherwise I'd retrieve them from that. I have Time Machine and it shows several versions from a few hours ago, before I erased the vocals, but I cannot open Logic from Time machine. I get a message saying the operation cannot be completed. Could someone please tell me how to open a logic project from a few hours ago, so I can export the background vocal tracks? Or tell me how to import the background vocal tracks from Time Machine into my current Logic project? Thanks very much.

P

• Solution

Hi, I believe I have recreated the steps needed. It mat be Apple 101 to most of you, but it may be helpful to someone. I will try to put the 7 screenshots in order. First, quit Logic. Then in the Finder "Go" menu go to your computer "peter's mac pro" in this instance. Open time machine, choose a backup version by date, then navigate to the drive you want to retrieve the song from. Go through "Users" to "Music" to "Logic" and navigate to the song. Now, here's the trick that eventually worked for me: DON'T try to double click the Logic X project icon with your title in it. Instead, copy it to your desktop. Then double-click and you may be prompted to choose an autosaved version. Once you have done that your song version from that date should open. One thing to note is that I'm using a 4TB conventional drive for Time Machine; I normally use SSD drives, so you have to be patient - it takes longer to do things and you might think it's not doing anything for a few seconds.

Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 9.57.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 9.57.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 9.58.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 9.58.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 9.58.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 9.59.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 9.59.49 AM.png

• Like 1