Changing notes duration/value/length

kuharido

Hi

Say i have a MIDI line and i want to test it if all the notes are 1/8 instead of 1/4 or vice versa, how can i achieve this in the MIDI roll editor? Few things that didn't really work as expected

• The note lenth edit function (half, double) edites the duration of holding the note it seems but not actually rythmical spacing
  • I could accomplish by mousing over every single note and moving one step at a time but that's tedious
  • The nudge feature kind of works but it moves all notes together if all are selected it doesn't change the spacing uniformly in between the notes which is what i'm trying to do
  • Last thing i could do is change the project or region tempo temporarily but that's too clunky of a workaround and affects other tracks

Do you want to move the notes or change their length?

You can quantize them to 8ths, etc.
Note that IN the Piano Roll, you can quantize individual notes or groups of notes independently...so select say all notes in bar 1 and quantize to 1/8th, and select notes in bar 2 and quantize to 1/16th. Region quantize will override these individual quantizes performed in the PR editor.
You can use Functions > Transform > Fixed Note Length ro set an equal length.