Do you know that? Writers block!

Scriabin rocks

Writers block. I just learned about myself that the amount of what I call "toxic news" I consume does affect massively not only my mental wellbeing, but even more so my "creative flow". Usually I can sit at the keyboard, dial in any Omnisphere patch and experience instant inspiration, then I can spend 10 hours or more on that one single inspirational moment. 

The past few days, I was reading up on mostly scientific material concerning climate, in addition to Ukraine, Gaza, German appeasment politics, Nazis, on top spent time on social media. I use the fediverse only, I left twitter long ago, and others like Instagram, facebug and whazap I never use now or in the future.

This clearly had an effect on me, and for days I was unable to get into "The Zone". Which is very frustrating, because usually, due to my life circumstances, this kind of work is my most important source of wellbeing.

So what's the solution? For me personally it can only be a robust regime of minimizing the flood of informations pushed through all these pipelines. I am convinced that we are all going down s#!+ creek anyways, what we witness is just the beginning of a process that we allow a handful of arseholes to become irreversible, the true consequences of which are beyond the imagination of most people I assume. 

So, here I am with my new years solution. Reading papers? Yes, but only once a week. Watching news? Yes, but not on a daily basis, once a week a summary is sufficient. Social Media, well, even on the decentralized Fediverse, I am wasting my time. Cat pictures, Self Promoters etc. all in abundance, hence I reduce that by a whopping 95%, which will be a great time saver as well.

Taking it slow and finding my way back into the creative flow...Largo so to speak... 

Edited by Scriabin rocks

• Scriabin rocks changed the title to Do you know that? Writers block!