How to cable synth in Environment 10.7.9

Antaren

I recently upgraded from Logic  10.4.8 to 10.7.9, and from the last version of Catalina to the last version of Monterey. When I open the environment window, I'm not seeing my synth.  This would be for external midi tracks.  What do I need to do to see and hear my midi tracks?  I am able to hear the notes that I  copied from those midi tracks and then pasted them into tracks with instruments from the library.  I'm thinking it's an environment issue but I could be mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time. 😃

ScreenShot2024-01-01at5_44_32PM.png.1b3c1472a973a796839391b4d2f534d1.png

Edited by Antaren

Hi Antaren,

12 hours ago, Antaren said:

When I open the environment window, I'm not seeing my synth.

I guess you mean you had custom Multi-Instrument for a hardware synth before and now you cannot find it? What are you showing us in your screenshot then? It would also help if you told us what the missing synth actually is.

What you have in your MIDI Environment is project (or project template) -dependent, so even if you open an older project in a newer version of Logic, if the project contained custom objects in the MIDI Environment those should normally not go missing. Either the project you opened does not contain the object you're looking for or it may be in a different layer in the MIDI Environment (you can go to the All Objects layer to see all objects from all layers in that project).

12 hours ago, Antaren said:

This would be for external midi tracks.  What do I need to do to see and hear my midi tracks?

It would make sense if you first answered the questions above.

J.

• Like 2