"Virtual MIDI instrument"

kuharido

Hi

I have a couple of MIDI controllers that i'm trying to combine into one as one Virtualized unit. Let's call them Controller A and B 

My use case is that on some MIDI controlled tracks, i'd like to use A+B to control that track but not any others. The options on MIDI control in Logic don't support a A+B but either Off, All or one individual controller.

Can this be accomplished somehow through the MIDI environment? I see there is an option to create a MIDI device but it too is limited to the same control options. 

What are the devices?
If directly supported as controllers by Logic (in the Control Surfaces window), you can "combine" them as a control surface group.
If not directly supported, there may be ways to do what you want to do.....but first things first...
Devices?
What - specifically - do you want to do with them?

• Like 1

Not supported as control surfaces

One is a generic three fader box, no brand name

The other is a small keyboard controller that doesn't have a mod wheel and i'm using one of the faders as a mod wheel

Setting MIDI IN on a track in Logic to All takes signal from both and everything works as expected, however in some cases when set to All i get MIDI loop issues due to other MIDI devices that are plugged in as well (and can't be turned off)

27 minutes ago, rAC said:

I think you may need to tell us what all your MiDI connections are and exactly what devices they are,

I don't have the brand of everything on hand unfortunately some are just generic boxes i found

Device 1: 3 fader no brand box

Device 2: 24 key keyboard controller, no brand that i can discern

Device 3: Sub37 synth from Moog

I have a MIDI track for an external instrument setup in logic with the intention of  controling the Sub37 with a combination of devices 1+2 (keys and fader as mod wheel). Setting the track MIDI input source to All works just fine, however in some cases (e.g Latch Arppegio is on on the Sub37) it doesn't work properly as the Sub37 starts generating MIDI that causes a loop and prevents the arp from behaving properly, this doesn't happen if i press the keys on the Sub37 itself to trigger the latched arp, only if i'm ysing this other device

Also for context i'm looking to avoid using different channels to solve this i only play any track once and need to control different VSTs by just moving the track selector from only these two keyboards (the sub37 and generic keyboard) so looking to keep things on one channel