Convert stereo to mono, change track color, and default track icon?

dqqnu

Good day,

I just bought a new MacBook Pro (M3, 14.1) and bought logic, and trying to familiarize the software. I have used it before with the older versions but seems like there are certain functions that's worked in the older version but not working with this new one. I have watched multiple tutorials but didn't solve my problem.  

I have 3 questions to ask: 

1. I cannot convert stereo to mono within the session. 

Say if I have a stereo audio track and wanted to change it to mono - I clicked the little icon in the channel mode button which changed from stereo to mono. After that, I go "control + B" to bounce in place, however the bounced track is still stereo. However, I can export the audio track (after I clicked the icon from stereo to mono) out of Logic as mono, just not bouncing it within the session. 

2.  Changing the track color

With the older version of logic, I can just simply pick a track and press option (⌥) + C to show the color table and select the color that I want to change to. But for some reason, this short cut does not work anymore in the new Logic, to change color I have to right click and select show/hide color all the time. 

3.  Track Icon 

Logic always automatically assign an icon on every single track I create. I always have to manually delete them to keep my session look clean. Is there a way in the setting to tell Logic never put an icon in the track header as a default so that I don't have to delete them every time?

Thank you so much for your time reading and help! xxx

QD 

I’m not sure what you want to convert to mono but on the track I put you’ll see two circles that are linked. If you click that it turns the input to mono. 

if you right click on any track header you’ll see options for track colour and icon. 

16 minutes ago, Zipfunk said:

I’m not sure what you want to convert to mono but on the track I put you’ll see two circles that are linked. If you click that it turns the input to mono. 

if you right click on any track header you’ll see options for track colour and icon. 

Hi there, thank you for the reply! 

But as I said, even if I click the little icon in the channel mode button (two circles) and turn it into one circle and hit bounce in place, the result is still a stereo track. I had no issue with older version of Logic though.

Also changing the track color, the shortcut key command  ⌥ + C worked in the older version but not the new one. 

Cheers.

The track colour and icon can be reassigned to your keystroke. 

as far as the stereo issue I believe I remember reading somewhere here that the track will always be stereo?

but I defer to the guys here that know more than I do.

You can split a stereo audio region with a right-click and "Convert to New Audio Files…" with the Interleaved to Split option. The two mono files will be created in your Audio folder.

To get the files to behave and forget they're stereo I always rename the file at the conversion and remove the R and L extensions after.

• David Nahmani changed the title to Convert stereo to mono, change track color, and default track icon?