A2 Key malfunctioning

My Hemingway DP501 electric piano (from Thomann) recently developed a fault with the A2 key. It sounds erratically, sometimes very quietly, sometimes after a delay, and sometimes not at all. The piano is way past warranty, very large and heavy and there are no repair shops within 100 km of my location. I have been unable to find any information on how to dismantle the piano and check the key contacts, which I suspect may be the fault.

Does anyone have any suggestions, advice or ideas as to what I can do, other than just buy a new instrument?

The trouble is that it is the centre of my whole set up. So once I try taking it apart I will be completely out of action. My iMac sits on the top of it along with the audio interface, speakers, controllers, USB hub and drives!

On 1/7/2024 at 3:16 PM, David Nahmani said:

I would just start by trying to open the thing. There's got to be a way. Some screws somewhere? 

I had to do a repair on the Roland JD-Xi, but it is a small, light, all plastic and simple thing to take apart and YouTube videos exist for doing so. It was an unnerving experience and I am not sure that it was altogether successful either. 😜