Petya

FLH3

I like what you did!

It's very difficult to judge this dramaturgically, as we don't know anything about anybody or their intentions. But that's not your fault. In that regard it doesn't really work for me.

What I like about the music is that the "real composers" with harmonies, counterpoint, orchestration and whatever (you know, the idiots like me!) do not get how you created this great energy with these seemingly simple devices that I recognise but still wouldn't be able to replicate.

Chapeau! 

Edited by wonshu
  • Like 1

Merci for your words and your listening!

Obvioulsy I didn't want to do something classical with my nicest orchestral libraries and usual harmonies and orchestration for this contest as all the competitors would do that. And they did.

As it was a film extract I didn't have a clue about the global story in the movie (a Bulgarian movie), the characters, their stories, etc...

Hence I had to work only with what I saw on these 3 minutes:

a group of teenagers,

a girl who lost her temper,

the school/the society trying to control her, quite energicaly/violently,

the calm after the storm.

That's all.

Consequently

I made reference to "Stranger Things"ish  teens (the arpegiated synth theme),

some "Philipp Glassy" repetitive altos, why not,

the blood of anger pumping in her head with the sub bass motive, reinforced by the sound design for the fire extinguisher banging at the wall,

the scream of her distress with the unpitched/de-pitched almost-vocal distorted drone,

And the silence for the sea at the end.

I guess you can still get the original footage without music on the internet but the only sounds you hear in it are the rain, a squeeking of the wheelchair and then the sound of the seashore. Everything else, in the school hall, is perfectly silent.

Edited by FLH3
  • Like 1