Loading VSTs in LPX feels sluggish

Myron

Recently, when I instantiate any VST instrument (other than LPX factory) the interface doesn't open up. Sometimes a very small window will open but other times no window open at all. If I restart, it will work for one channel then no others. 

This behavior has happened at other times and I've just shut it down and walked away for the day.😧

Has anyone had this experience? It really takes the wind out of my creativity.

Edited by Myron
better title needed

• Myron changed the title to Loading VSTs in LPX feels sluggish

Any reason why you've avoided moving on to Sonoma?

Ventura was, shall we say, not my favourite MacOS version....and threw a bunch of plug-in related errors that just don't happen in Sonoma.
There were certainly a handful of plug-ins that needed updates as they didn't work well or were unstable, but my experience and that of several members here has been positive with Sonoma.

26 minutes ago, Myron said:

the interface doesn't open up. Sometimes a very small window will open but other times no window open at all.

Which third-party plugins are affected?

I don't have any third-party plugin issues here on Sonoma. The small plugin window will open while the plugin is being loaded (natively on Apple silicon only), but if the plugin interface doesn't appear, that's the third-party plugin not loading/initialising properly, so likely you have a compatibility issue with those plugins.

2 minutes ago, Myron said:

I was waiting to hear more feedback on the latest OS.

I hear ya 😉

Quite a few of us here have taken the leap and it's been positive so far. Perhaps give it a test drive on a second hard drive if you're not sure about compatibility with plugs/hardware, etc.?

This thread covers plugs.

Kontakt and Arturia work fine with the latest updates. I only have one UVI plug (running on the Falcon UVI engine I think), which works fine too. Not sure about UVI Workstation based stuff, but this is an offshoot of the core UVI engine, so would imagine plugs that leverage it are also OK.