Loopback and Tape Delay sync issue

liquidterrain

Loopback and Tape Delay (as looper using freeze) sync issue:

I use both Loopback and Tape Delay at the same time for live looping. With Tape Delay I usually set it to a full bar with sync on and freeze the delay to create my 1-bar loop. If I do this first, then record a loop with Loopback (also with sync on), it seems to reset the sync and makes any and all instances of a Tape Delay loop glitch, or hiccup. The two loops remain in sync, but now with the glitch repeating. Quite unpleasant.

None of this happens if I begin the first loop with Loopback followed by Tape Delay. If Loopback goes first there are no glitches with future uses of Tape Delay. You may ask why not always start with Loopback. Suffice it to say there are reasons musically that this is not preferable.

I've tried other freezable delays, like the Spaceship Delay plugin, but it produces its own glitch when you turn the freeze off.

Is there anything anyone can suggest regarding sync settings or something else I might be missing?