Anyone know what this his and how to get rid of it ? "Rogue Amoeba Software,

"Rogue Amoeba Software, Developer getting blocked after updating to Monterey . 

not sure what software this is ….I don’t recall installing it . If anyone knows how to delete it I’d sure appreciate your help . Thank you 

Hi NoPro,

Rogue Amoeba make legit software, such as Audio Hijack and Loopback, so no need to worry too much.

if you still want to uninstall their software from your computer, the first step is for you find out which Rogue Amoeba software you actually installed at some point.

How to uninstall their software is documented in their products’ documentation, for example:

Uninstalling Audio Hijack

J.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NoPro said:

I’m just not sure what I installed

You can open the System Information app (/Applications/Utilities/) then:

1. Go to Software > Applications
  2. Select all apps in the list in the upper part with Cmd + A
  3. Do Cmd + F to bring up the Find dialog and search for "Rogue Amoeba" (or just "Rogue")

Screenshot2024-01-28at09_58_23.thumb.png.d4a77711e0961398cc7ff5a72c994cf9.png

J.

• Like 2

Rogue Amoeba is among the best developers in history when it comes to stability, features, system integration and support.

Very rarely does stuff not work, I don't even recall ever having problems with their software at all and I've probably been using it since they started in 2002...

No need to worry about them. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, wonshu said:

Rogue Amoeba is among the best developers in history when it comes to stability, features, system integration and support.

Very rarely does stuff not work, I don't even recall ever having problems with their software at all and I've probably been using it since they started in 2002...

No need to worry about them. 

Oh I believe you…I’m sure it’s harmless  …I just like to know where it came from …what plugin ?

On 1/28/2024 at 1:04 AM, Jordi Torres said:

You can open the System Information app (/Applications/Utilities/) then:

1. Go to Software > Applications
  2. Select all apps in the list in the upper part with Cmd + A
  3. Do Cmd + F to bring up the Find dialog and search for "Rogue Amoeba" (or just "Rogue")

Screenshot2024-01-28at09_58_23.thumb.png.d4a77711e0961398cc7ff5a72c994cf9.png

J.

I tried this search …Nothing came up ?

I tried “ rouge “ “amoeba” 

I wonder since  the developer is blocked it’s not searchable ….,just really curious now what the heck tried to install it /allow it …..at this point I’d just rather get rid of the message ….lol

Oh, also, if you open the Terminal and use this search term it might also spit out a lot of results, but don't just trash everything it finds, perhaps contact Rogue Amoeba support first to make sure you're not breaking anything!!

sudo find /System -iname "*rogue*" 2>/dev/null

sudo - this will run the command with root privileges of the system. You will be prompted for your password, but will not see the typed password or see the cursor move when you type it in.

find - is the program (command)

/System - this is the starting directory for the search

-iname - this option is a little more broad than just using -name and thus gives more results

2>/dev/null - this will "supress" all error messages pretty much all of which are not interesting for this command by routing all error messages to a "device" named "null" - which doesn't exist and thus the error messages are just discarded... 

Edited by wonshu
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoPro said:

There it is …2 times in Library/LaunchDaemons

not sure I should delete it as I don’t know what it means …image.thumb.jpeg.00c22b2fdb81ef35529e1fa408668a36.jpeg

Rogue Amoeba's software like Loopback and Audio Hijack rely on this ACE (Audio Capture Engine) component.

More info here:

Uninstalling ACE

If you did not find any Rogue Amoeba apps in your Applications folder, be sure you scroll down on that page for manual removal of related files (including these ACE launch daemons).

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NoPro said:

I’m not really sure what it means but I’ll keep reading about it. I may just leave it alone also 

Up to you, but all you need to do is:

1. Delete the ACE.driver folder and its contents if you have it under /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/
  2. Delete the two com.rogueamoeba.xxx,plist files you have in /Library/LaunchDaemons/
  3. Reboot

J.

• Like 1