Logic Pro X 5.1 crashes on Sonoma

Go to solution Solved by des99,

After the usual two days of struggle to downloadauthorizeorganizecopymoveplace stuff on a new computer, I find that I can not open Logic Pro X 5.1 under Sonoma on the new Mac Studio M2 max.

Trying to do so claims the app to be damaged when I know it isn't (after several ways to copy from the old computer, including zipped).

Is there a way to run it ? I want to be able to save Projects from X 5.1 so my older MacBookPros running Mojave can still open them. These are stage computers, so I don't want to risk spoiling these Projects with "can't open, saved with a newer version yaddayadda..." at the start of the show. 😳

Thanks

PS: Of course I have Logic Pro X 8.1 as well on this new machine, and will use it on everything else...

Edited by fuzzfilth

That’s really pushing it to use Logic 8.1 😁 on a new Mac. 

Can you use a version between (I assume)10.5.1 and the current as an intermediate step (eg open with 10.6 and still be able to open with 10.5.1)?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, des99 said:

this isn’t just Gatekeeper blocking it?

Very good hint.

Here's the rundown:

- Launch LPX5.1

- "LPX5.1 is damaged and can't be launched. Moving to trash is recommended" > "Move to Trash" or "Cancel"

- Gatekeeper says "LPX5.1 blocked, because its from an unverified developer, open it anyway ?" Come on, Apple, really ? And, yes, open it. 

- "LPX5.1 is damaged and can't be launched. Moving to trash is recommended" > "Move to Trash" or "Cancel"

Oof. Now, I'm not the one to give up here, so this looped around for like ten times and then, without any changes from my side, it suddenly showed "Launch" additionally to "Move to Trash" "Cancel"

Now I can launch LPX5.1 on Sonoma. Go figure.

Thank you, IOU1

Edited by fuzzfilth
  • Like 3