Issue with AKAI APC KEY 25 defaulting to MIDI Channel 2

el-bo
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hi!

Wasn't sure where to post this, sorry. Further apologies 'cause it's likely not a LPX issue specifically.

Been using my little Akai keyboard recently, while going through the long process of reinstalling computer. Seemingly had no issues so far. However, having installed Omnisphere I was getting no sound despite MIDI being received in LPX and Omni. I then noticed that within Omnisphere the MIDI was being received on Part 2 of Omnisphere. 

Up till that point all instruments played fine as MIDI Channel was set to all in Logic's inspector. However, when choosing the specific channels it is indeed being received on Channel 2. 

Been searching round and Googling but haven't found any way to obviously change the MIDI channel on the keyboard, and I'm guessing nothing an be done within Logic as it's just doing the receiving part.

I'm probably missing something completely obvious, wight in front of my face, but I'm stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

• Solution

Hi el-bo!

After a quick peek in the manual, I also could not find anything about setting MIDI channels. After searching only a bit, I did find some people ranting about the keys sending notes on Channel 2 while the knobs send on channels 1? A bit weird if that's indeed fixed like that.

Anyway, you could always just manually set the MIDI Out Channel in the track parameters to MIDI Channel 1 and incoming Channel 2 data will be channelized to channel 1.

J.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jordi Torres said:

Hi el-bo!

After a quick peek in the manual, I also could not find anything about setting MIDI channels. After searching only a bit, I did find some people ranting about the keys sending notes on Channel 2 while the knobs send on channels 1? A bit weird if that's indeed fixed like that.

Anyway, you could always just manually set the MIDI Out Channel in the track parameters to MIDI Channel 1 and incoming Channel 2 data will be channelized to channel 1.

J.

It is indeed very strange. I rarely use this keyboard, but my main one is packed away currently. And such a simple solution...makes me feel like such a noob (again 😉 )

Really appreciate the help, man!

Cheers 🙂

• Like 1