Column View Apple Loops Hide Sub Catagories?

StudioQ1
Go to solution Solved by oscwilde,

Hello, is there a way you can hide apple loops sub categories? For example in apple loops with column view my path is All -> All Drums -> and here I see a lot of stuff I would rather not see. I don't care about genre specific drums more then just seeing the different drum types for example.. Can I hide a category like country or jazz? It seems like theres some differences between column view and button view button. I look at Ableton 12 and there tagging system and it looks pretty cool it makes me want to maybe take the time to tag my apple loops but if theres no control of the categories I feel like its probably easier to do on the finder or sample manager side of things? 

Yeah just feels like it would be a lot cleaner if you just saw for example, kick, snare, tom, hats, cymbals, percussion categories. For example, in the first picture you linked instead of having a lot of other stuff listed like I mentioned things like jazz and country to just see the drum types. There are country and jazz drums i would use but I would rather those drums be listed under sub categories like kick, snare, tom, hats, cymbals, and percussion categories as a brief example and not see categories like genre. It's not that I can't currently find kicks singled out in the loop browser, I can. But its more an issue that there is so much fluff categories around the kick category. I just think it would be quicker to browse the sample I want this way. Its very minor to me if its not there currently but it would be cool if it was and I didn't know about it. At least once a month my jaw drops after thinking "logic can do that? wow" so figured I would ask. 

• Solution

Search is probably your best bet.
LogicProScreenSnapz003.thumb.png.a3aaeb28ff5fb1cec67d174e4b814397.pngIt retains your history...
LogicProScreenSnapz004.thumb.png.161403e54d0f7761000d2a9961b8a225.png

If you fully want to geek out (and know what you're doing - otherwise leave it be).....you can mess with the Apple Loops database here:
~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases

• Like 2