Input 2 picking up input 1 audio

Ethan
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

On my Scarlett, I have a mic plugged into input 1 and a guitar plugged into input 2.

In logic, I have two tracks; the first takes input from input 1(mic), and the second from input 2(guitar).   

Track 1 and input 1 are working fine, and I am getting clean audio from input 1. However, input 2 is not picking up my guitar but rather is picking up the microphone. 

What I have tried so far:

• checked the system preferences of my device
  • restarting device
  • updating Scarlett drivers
  • changing the usb-c adapter that is going into my Mac laptop 
  • checked logic audio settings and ensured the Scarlett is input and output
  • replugging everything in
  • I also tried just plugging in the guitar to input 1, in which I started to receive sound from the guitar, but it was clipping in and out 

Also, one last thing to note. I used this same setup in pro tools and did not have this issue. 

• David Nahmani changed the title to Input 2 picking up input 1 audio
  • 1 month later...

I have the exact same issue. I was able to record using both input 1 and input 2 but then it broke so that input 2 is getting whatever input 1 has coming in. It's like it's locked onto it somehow. I've reset Logic and deleted the PLIST files as per the help. Strangely I can start up Garageband and it gets the same inputs correct - looks like a bug in Logic Pro I think. I'm on a MacBook Pro from 2021 running Sonoma 14.4.1. Please share if you managed to solve the issue. - Dab

• Solution
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dab9171355 said:

I have the exact same issue. I was able to record using both input 1 and input 2 but then it broke so that input 2 is getting whatever input 1 has coming in. It's like it's locked onto it somehow. I've reset Logic and deleted the PLIST files as per the help. Strangely I can start up Garageband and it gets the same inputs correct - looks like a bug in Logic Pro I think. I'm on a MacBook Pro from 2021 running Sonoma 14.4.1. Please share if you managed to solve the issue. - Dab

That’s due to the Mic Mode being set to Voice Isolation, set it to Standard:

image.png.6d24f4b46631b6a77ce5824c703eb5d6.png

And it’s not a Logic bug, it’s a macOS feature that affects Logic.

More info here:

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 4