What am I missing …where are users specs in their posts ?

NoPro
Go to solution Solved by polanoid,

18 minutes ago, des99 said:

Make sure in your account settings -> Signature -> View Signatures is turned on, if you're not seeing any signatures.

I misunderstood NoPro's post, I thought that he was commenting on people not putting their information into their signatures. Now I get it.

Alan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alan Shields said:

I misunderstood NoPro's post, I thought that he was commenting on people not putting their information into their signatures. Now I get it.

Alan.

Still, I’m guilty of forgetting to update. Probably a good idea is to have an update date. 

iMac xxx scarlettxxx Logic Pro 10.8.1 

Feb 2024

just a thought. 

• Like 1

• Solution
57 minutes ago, NoPro said:

It’s something I’m overlooking I’m sure …. Where are users specs shown here on the forum ?

If you’re reading the mobile version of the webpage - no chance AFAICT. The signatures just aren't shown.

• Like 3

It (more than) helps if the person posting about their setup puts the info in the post. If they post about Mojave and LP 10.5, for instance, it should be in the post if it's pertinent. The info in the signature would be the member's current setup…but when you look back at old posts and that's all you see it won't make sense with what they posted.

2 hours ago, johnnytucats said:

It (more than) helps if the person posting about their setup puts the info in the post. If they post about Mojave and LP 10.5, for instance, it should be in the post if it's pertinent. The info in the signature would be the member's current setup…but when you look back at old posts and that's all you see it won't make sense with what they posted.

Yes this is a challenging issue we've been dealing with for years now. We used to enforce it strictly and then I gave up as sometimes that info is not necessary, and by the time the poster asks a question where the info is necessary, sometimes their signature is out of date, we all forget to constantly update our signature... and as you said when we do it makes that info wrong for all our older posts. 

So in the end I find that when it's needed it's easier to simply ask and have members put it in a post in the topic. 

I'm constantly thinking of better ways to handle this and I still have to find an ideal way to do it.