Plugin organization

Go to solution Solved by des99,

Well , I’m not sure making new folders in plugin manager for major effects (reverb ) (mastering) (dynamics ) etc really helps me navigate quicker or better ….I’m curious if anyone can offer any advice other than just leaving the plugin manager as is?

I thought it might make it easier to make 3rd party plugin folders ….but I think I have  just too many plugins …I thought about making a few templates with plugins I use the most bypassed but each song can be quite different than another …any help appreciated 

• Solution

It really depends on your workflow. If you're happy routing through the third-party menus organised by manufacturer, then there's nothing wrong in doing that. Personally, it drives me crazy doing that. I want to organise my virtual tools like I organise my physical space - the stuff I use all the time close to hand, the stuff I use a lot at arms reach, and the things I only occasionally dig out I'll leave in the cupboard at the back of the room.

When I want a compressor, I don't want to think "What manufacturer has a compressor?" and find them that way. I want to go to my Compressor folder, have the top few ones I tend to reach for right at the top for easy access, then further menus organised by compressor type that I can drill down to if I want something other than my regular tools. Anything I don't regularly use, and I choose to, *then* I'll go dig it out from the Manufacturer "cupboard".

I have instruments similarly organised, and 98% of my plugin use is coming from my top level custom folders.

But that's just me... others will I'm sure have different organisation schemes that work for them - we've certainly covered this topic on the forum previously...

• Like 2

Thanks I should just try again to re-organize….it’s easy enough to default back if needed. Your reply re-inspired me to try again ….less is more approach keeping the goal in mind. I apologize if there’s other posts already on the subject …I’ll have a better look around the forum 😎

• Like 1