Dropbox /apple

Go to solution Solved by des99,

Well all of a sudden after updating to Monterey Dropbox no longer supports or has made some changes I don’t understand.

There’s some huge limitations such as no logic or fcpx files being allowed ?? I may be wrong . I read something about apple no longer allowing this with Dropbox …. I’m not really sure but I’m having some major issues all of a sudden.

Luckily most of what I have on Dropbox is not all that much ….I use external ssd’s for most everything but cloud based storage is a useful thing to have. I haven’t put logic sessions of fcpx projects on Dropbox just mixes or wave files so I’m really concerned because I synced from Dropbox to another folder and it went all crazy ….lost data etc….a word of caution. I have my physical backups but oh boy. 

if anyone knows more about this and uses a cloud based service please let me know what’s best when it comes to ease with Mac /Monterey  ….logic etc …? I’m guessing it will be iCloud …..but please chime in .

i spent hours trying to figure out what happened and Dropbox support so far has not been not so helpful ….or certainly doesn’t seem to understand very basic organization of files being moved from cloud to physical drives  and then back again . Should be very basic stuff but all of a sudden it’s not . I’ve read some of Dropbox’s literature explaining apple no longer allows this and that etc ….

if you use cloud storage on a Mac what are you using please ….Monterey and forward …thanks for reading this !

Will do …I will make sure to zip but I still don’t get this new stuff that’s rolled out ...

This is from the Dropbox website 

“Some types of files aren't supported on Dropbox for macOS on File Provider.”…..they include logic and fcpx …

im not sure what file provider is …

A Logic project is not a file, it's what Apple calls a "bundle", a native Mac-filesystem supported type that's a kind of special folder, which contains inside it a whole bunch of other files and folders.

Services that don't use Apple filesystems natively do not support such things, therefore your projects, if unzipped, can become corrupt when copying them to these filesystems.

This is why you need to zip up these special Mac filesystem filetypes, using non-Apple filesystem-based services and disk drives etc.

• Like 1

Never knew this ….i threw a backup unzipped (an older version of fcpx ) in dbox….probably triggered it …had thought as an afterthought shoulda zipped that but it was too late ….then I got a bunch of error messages etc …all making sense now etc . Thanks everyone…duh..

Edited by NoPro
Added content
  • Like 1