Stereo bounce problem. Bouncing in Surround when I have no surround channels.

alhpj
Go to solution Solved by alhpj,

Hi-

I am trying to bounce a project in stereo, and it's bouncing in Surround, when I have no surround channels and cannot see how this is happening?! 
Has anyone got any pointers on what else I can check to see if I have something else turned on that I shouldn't etc? I've never had this problem before. Very odd.

Logic Pro 10.6.3  

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Processor 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W

Edited by alhpj

• Solution

Hi Jordi

I found an answer in the forum. In the mixer I was shown if you press 'All' you can see additional channels that might have surround. I found a 'preview' channel that apparently Logic create automatically (I have never seen this before in the last 12 years I've worked with Logic!) and it had automatically made it in Surround. As this can only been seen in the 'ALL' mode of the mixer window and I normally view it in Tracks, I had no idea it was there. I just deselected the output of the preview track to no output, as I wasn't sure what would happen if I deleted that channel all together.
Do you happen to know why there is this preview track?! 

Many thanks

• Like 3

Thanks! Yeah I saw that, but to be honest I'm still confused to what it really is and when it originated and why it originated in that one project. Perhaps they preview track has been in all my projects for years and I had no idea! But why this one added Surround I'll never know! I've been working with logic for 14 years as a film composer and have never had this issue before. But glad it's solved and thanks everyone for answers!

14 minutes ago, alhpj said:

Perhaps they preview track has been in all my projects for years and I had no idea!

Yes, it's always there 🙂

14 minutes ago, alhpj said:

But why this one added Surround I'll never know!

If for example, you previewed a surround file from the All Files browser, the input format and the output of the Preview channel will automatically change to Surround, but it will change to stereo if you then preview a stereo file.

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 2