Delete extra midi tracks in mixer

Cowboy4d2
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hello!

I’m trying to delete all the extra midi tracks when “all” is selected in the mixer.  I’m opening the midi environment, selecting midi instr, but I can’t figure out how to delete only certain tracks. Some of the midi tracks are being used. They send midi to Fractals.  But anything I delete will delete ALL the midi info. This is a live playback session. Everything works fine, I just want to clean up all the unused tracks. Worried that they are using CPU.  I’m not sure how all these tracks got there in the first place, or what the small squares in the environment are.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Cowboy4d2

Thank you David! That’s it!  I don’t quite understand why my 3 external midi tracks are in a multi-instrument like that though.  They are 3 seperate tracks created at seperate times.  And they all output on different midi channels.  What is the best way to setup a track to send midi cc and pc to a fractal?

Edited by Cowboy4d2

20 minutes ago, Cowboy4d2 said:

Thank you David! That’s it!  I don’t quite understand why my 3 external midi tracks are in a multi-instrument like that though.  They are 3 seperate tracks created at seperate times.  And they all output on different midi channels.  What is the best way to setup a track to send midi cc and pc to a fractal?

Do you need them to send on 3 separate MIDI channels? 

If you don't, then you could create a simple MIDI instrument (New > MIDI Instrument) instead and that would give you only one single channel strip/track to deal with. 

2 minutes ago, Cowboy4d2 said:

Is this automatically creating a multi instrument? 

Yes it is.

If you want more control over what kind of objects you want in the MIDI Environment, I recommend you open the MIDI environment, create the desired objects, delete the undesired ones, then drag and drop the objects you want to use to a track header to assign them to a track (so that you can record/edit/playback the program change events). 

Everything is working fine with the project. I just don’t quite understand the multi instrument/ midi environment.  I thought I had single midi tracks.  But I might just deactivate the channels I’m not using as you previously mentioned, and leave it be. 

Thank you as always for the help and insight David.