How to delete Logic Pro Help account?

Hello northern,

My heart sinks a little every time I see someone request we delete their account. 

Let me explain our effort here. 

This forum is a community of Logic users helping each other. When you ask a question, other members take time and effort to provide answers or solutions which you benefit from. It's a free service to you. When you ask your question (and others answer), you help us build this vast database of Logic questions/answers that is Logic Pro Help. 

The instant you post a question, a web page is created and indexed in search engines. Anyone searching the internet (or our forum) can find the question/answer thread that matches her or his query. The time and effort that you've spent detailing your issue, as well as the time and effort we have spent helping you troubleshoot and provide answers, workarounds or solutions, helps not only you at the point in time when you post your question, it helps many others (often invisible lurkers) with the same issue, sometimes many years later.

If, once you're satisfied with the help you've received, we were to delete your account and your threads, we'd be wasting away all those efforts. The solutions provided have helped you, but they will never help anyone else. We end up with dead links: web pages that are indexed in our database and in search engines, that will appear in search results, appearing to provide a solution for someone's problem, but when they click the link it will yield to an HTML 404 ("Page not found") error. It's frustrating for the visitor, and it's really bad for our site. Google detects 404 errors, and lowers the quality index of the site. Repeated 404 errors discourage Google to index more pages from that site. Our reputation suffers, and it undermines the very effort that helped you in the first place!

Deleting pages from a forum after the the pages have received an answer is not how public forums work. That's closer to asking for private, personalized help, for you only. That is  I (and a few others here) do offer, albeit as a paid service. In fact it's quite expensive. 

So for these reasons, we try as much as possible to never remove or delete content that has been posted publicly in our forum, and subsequently indexed by search engines. 

• Like 2